Sunday 8 May 2011

The Creator's Rhythm

As you know I was diagnosed with MS in October 2010. I have had to learn to rest more, to not fight my mind when I feel it is time to sleep, or rest a little in my day; and for me that has been quite a challenge to get my head around as I was always a busy sort of person, doing this or that and never at home.

Over the past year or so I had noticed that I was tiring more easily but I just put it down to age, or being slighlty overweight. I had not considered that I could have MS, the same as my sister, for my symptions were quite different.

However now with time I have adjusted to my diagnosis and in so doing I have been praying for guidance from the Lord as I felt inside that it was like I was achieving so little in my day.

Today I had an email conversation with my friend Mimi, she has ME, and she told me that she also had had problems adjusting to her new slower life routine. She also looked to the Creator for his help; Jesus used her pet fish to help her: they have a set rhythm with times of slowness and times of more activity.

I had to smile when I read her email, for I have been struggling with the same issue and I have found myself watching my cat sleep!

My cat comes and does as he pleases but he spends most of his day sleeping, more sleep than I need! He seems to be content with much rest, and I would guess that he is happy. He goes out to protect his territory. He minds my house when I am out. He comes with us to walk our dogs and we love his company. It is good that he wants to spend him time with us.

So I have been considering this: Creations rhythm is the Creator's rhythm. It is not a world, busy, busy, busy efficient rhythm it is life at a gentlier pace.

So all of a sudden the fact that I need to slow down becomes a blessing to me, for I am able to live in God's rhythm and rest. I have times of work, and times of rest. I enjoy the time that I am able to be more active but now I also enjoy the times that I rest too.

Thank you Lord for your thoughtfulness to both myself and my friend Mimi for showing us that your gentle life rhythm is the best way to live and that the world's rhythm of busyness is not good for it does not appreciate the person who does the work but rather it pushes them harder and harder to do more. Then when you are worn out it drops you like a stone and you sink into oblivion.

I urge you to take time to stop and count the cost of what you do. Do you allow yourself enough rest? Do you allow yourself time to sleep? Do you allow yourself time to consider who is important in your life and why? Do you spend time with this person, or do you rush way to your next busy task?

In God's rhythm I have come to appreciate that I am so loved, for He gave up all He is for me by dying on the cross to pay for all my mistakes. ALL my mistakes.

He appreciates me. How amazing is that?

He is God and I am so small that if you could view the whole universe on a page I would not show up under the most powerful microscope known to man! Yet God values me as a person and has promised to never leave me.

He died for me.

What is your priority? Is it you? Or God?

He died for you too.

Take time to read about Him in the bible, or talk to Him = prayer.

Eve x

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE A PART OF MY EMAIL LIST PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL DELETE YOUR ADDRESS OF THE SYSTEM, THANKS.