Tuesday 14 September 2010

This body is not true life

I can say with experience that this body is not just our life. Why? Well I have had a stroke.

So that means for a time parts of my body did not work. It means my brain worked but the flesh body around me felt like it was just a machine, a covering. Why? Simple it would not do what it should do but my brain, the real part of me, those thoughts and connections in my head; or to put it another way my soul was truly alive but it worked independently to my body.

Jesus said I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life and no one can get to the Father God without me. So then does that not point out the fact that there is more than we can possible be aware of now? Yes.

I have faith regardless of whether my body is in working order or not because I have learnt through prayer and through reading the bible that there is more than the life that I can see on earth.

I did not ask for proof, for I have faith. But after suffering this stroke now I have proof!

When you are tired and exhausted with trying to find happiness in this world but find nothing fills the hole, the need for connection, to be known inside; try Jesus. Pray and ask him to show you that he is real. That he wants to connect with you. To know you.

Jesus died a painful death to pay for all your wrong doings, your mistakes, on earth. That means you don't have to try to get right with God. Jesus, he is God by the way, already knows and accepts all that you have done.

Religion teaches you to be pure and holy before God. Jesus teaches you that he has forgiveness, grace, love and mercy all waiting for you to know. All you need to do is ask him to come into your life. At some point after you have known Jesus for some time you will find that you have a sense of peace and worth that you have not been able to receive from others.

Repentance means you turn around from your own way of living to ask Jesus to come and share the rest of your life with you.

It's that simple.

You get a promise that Jesus will never leave you. And Jesus promises to guide you home to heaven at your earth death. In heaven you are eternally happy with Him but also with those who helped you in your Christian walk. You see Jesus provides himself but also a ready made family for you to know.

Jesus is waiting for your invitation to come into your life today.

Eve x